2.09.2011

SOTD: Camp Dory by Tennis

It might be sunnny, but its cold and the winds are blowing so hard that my hair is constantly in front of my face.  Welcome to the end of a Washington, DC winter.  I heard this song by "Tennis" in the car this weekend and my first thought was about the band name (not great in my opinion), but, I kept the song on because the vocalist has this sort of sort yet fifties style voice that really pops.  Since then, I've been listening over and over to the album and especially this song, Cape Dory.  Tennis created this album to illustrate their experiences sailing. I love the images of exploring the coast in the dark and laying on sand with shells.  I especially like it knowing that the songs are the expressions of impressions from a long sailing trip up and down the East Coast of the United States.

NPR has a great story about the couple and their trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment