1.14.2010

Ezra's Favorite DC Restaurants

Hello Washington from the Kleinette!  It has come to my attention that Ezra Klein has posted a list of his top twelve restaurants in DC.  I'm going to give you a quick run down and my comments if possible.  Its an interesting list because he includes some of the classic ones that other restaurant critics like and then also one of my favorite favorite suburban warehouse treasures.... so here goes:

1. Palena - its in Cleveland Park, I've never been, but the outside area looks nice in the summer....
2. Komi - everyone raves about this one, again, never been!
3. 2 Amy's - they served me a delicious espresso one morning while I was working on a real estate project for work in the area... .one day I'll stop by for delicious pizza, but will it really beat Red Rocks or Pete's Apizza in Columbia Heights?
4.Jaleo/Oyamel - Tom Sietsema raves about these guys and I have to say growing up Jaleo was a Bethesda go-to for me (yes, Jaleo is a chain). and it was always delicious.  especially the Sangria.
5. Hong Kong Palace - no comment, haven't been.
6. Central - I walk by it all the time going to/from work and am waiting for it to become a work lunch destination (mm, memories of Bibiana)
7. Bar Pilar - I have sampled brunch and cheese and a tapas type dish here, all smashing.  I'm not sure why I don't go back more often...
8. Taylor Deli - no comment
9. Vace - no comment
10. Great Wall Szechuan - One day I'll have try this, I still stand by my view that Szechuan Pavillion on K Street is the most delicious Chinese food in DC
11. Super H Mart - Ezra notes that this is not a restaurant, and hes right, but, with the number of fabulous sauces, stir sauces, soy saues, rice noodles, udon noodles, spices EVERYTHING really it makes it very easy to cook restaurant style food at home.  A secret, I believe that the chef at Thai X-ing is using the little yellow canned Thai spice concentrations combined with coconut milk to make his extrodinarily spicy and delicious meals.
12. Spice Express - I had a wrap here....

I will add to the lunch list for him, BURRITO MAN! (Pedro and Vinny's on 15th Street NW, a treasure that I wish was closer to my office..... :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment