1.27.2010

SOTD or SOTY - Florence and the Machine - Dog Days are Over

Hello world, have you heard the XX remix of Florence and the Machines?  Apparently, in Europe they have, because shes a big start over there.  But, it seems she hasn't made it the same way in the United States?

Well, in my humble opinion, though it has a nice beat and makes me happy, nothing can compare to Florence and the Machines themselves!!! Florence Welch's voice is amazing - a little like Amy Winehouse, a little like Imogen Heap, and a little like Annie Lennox but all the best bits brough together to sound as fabulous as possible.  I want Florence and the Machine to visit Washington, DC ASAP any for as many nights as possible so we can get our souls uplifted and ourselves as danced as possible, because that is precisely what will happen. And PLEASE let it be at the 9.30 Club or Black Cat and not the Rock and Roll Hotel, I want it to be a nice big show with lots of people and lots of space to dance.

When I play this song, Dog Days are Over, I pretty much always want to close my office door, turn the shades so no one can see in the hall, and have my own little mid-day dance party. 


Now - you enjoy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment